Address: 90-27 Sutphin Blvd, 5th Floor Jamaica, New York 11435
General Information: (718) 526-8400
Director: Izabela Kieszkowska
Employment Specialist: Denise Clark
- 18 years of age or older
- Must have mental health condition
- Must be enrolled in one of TSINY programs prior to employment referral (i.e Clinic, BHCC, APS, Residential, ETRC, Empowerment Center)
TSINY Employment Services offers:
- Individual Sessions includes: work and pre-vocational assessment, career exploration, addressing barriers.
- Employment Groups include but not limited to topics of: decision making and problem-solving skills, mock interviewing
- Work Readiness: focus on soft skills training on site and in the community-based work environment
- Computer Lab: available to work on resume writing, Internet access, e-mail and job search activities
- Job Placement Assistance: includes job leads, advocacy on participants’ behalf and introduction to community employers.
- Job Coaching Support Services: may be provided to assist candidates/employees on and off the work site to promote job development, adjustment and retention.
- Post-Employment Services: Services provided to both the employee and the employer during the first 90 days of employment to ensure a successful transition and retention to the position.