Transitional Services for New York, Inc., (TSINY) not-for profit, is a comprehensive, community-based mental health organization located in New York City. We provide a continuum of rehabilitative services to enrich the lives of those recovering from mental illness and facilitate their transition to increased levels of independence. Transitional Services for New York, Inc. envisions broadening its rehabilitative services and becoming a regional social service provider. Transitional Services for New York Staff will deliver effective programs with compassion, integrity, and professionalism. We expect all staff to put our clients’ needs first while respecting ourselves and each other as we provide hope to those who participate in our programs.
Seeking Administrative Assistant for one of our Queens, NY locations.
Salary: $19.23/ Hr.
Valid Driver License
To provide administrative and clerical support to staff in Facilities Operations and Development.
- Provide general administrative and clerical support to the staff in Facilities Operations and Development.
- Review maintenance, repair and supply invoices at properties designated by the Divisional Director of Facilities Operations and Development, and determine what percentage of each invoice is a building expense and what percentage is a program expense based on criteria provided by staff.
- Review New York City records for unpaid bills and violations at properties designated by the Divisional Director of Facilities Operations and Development.
- Keep a log of all utility bills and New York City charges at properties designated by the Divisional
- Director of Facilities Operations and Development, and on a monthly basis, transmit this information to designated members of the staff.
- Keep a log of New York City and New York State registrations that are due annually, and inform staff two months before the next annual registration is due.
- Establish and maintain computer files of information related to the above functions.
- Perform other administrative and clerical tasks and duties that are assigned by a member of the staff in Facilities Operations and Development.
- Be able to sit and stand as needed, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- May require walking, primarily on a level surface, for short periods throughout the day, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Be able to reach above shoulder heights, below the waist or lift as required to file documents or store materials throughout the workday, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- During a declared disaster, assume and adhere to assigned Job Action role(s) consistent with Disaster Preparedness Plan.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university, accredited by regional, national, professional or specialized agencies recognized as accrediting bodies by the US Secretary of Education and by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA) and one year of relevant experience.
- Or, an Associate degree or 60 semester credits from an accredited college and three (3) years of progressively responsible relevant experience.
- Prior office/administration experience and strong organizational skills are required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are required.
- Strong interpersonal skills are required.
- Ability to work well under pressure while juggling multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to prioritize with minimal supervision and work independently, as well as function as a member of a team
- Proficiency in technology, including web based applications and MS Office applications, such as Excel and Word.