Transitional Services for New York, Inc., (TSINY) not-for profit, is a comprehensive, community-based mental health organization located in New York City. We provide a continuum of rehabilitative services to enrich the lives of those recovering from mental illness and facilitate their transition to increased levels of independence. Transitional Services for New York, Inc. envisions broadening its rehabilitative services and becoming a regional social service provider. Transitional Services for New York Staff will deliver effective programs with compassion, integrity, and professionalism. We expect all staff to put our clients’ needs first while respecting ourselves and each other as we provide hope to those who participate in our programs.
TSINY is looking for Employment Specialist for one of our Mental Health Outpatient programs located in Queens, NY.
Salary: $16.48 – $30.21/hr., Full-Time
Valid Driver License Preferred
The Employment Service Coordinator provides employment-related services to participants in the PROS program to help them identify, clarify and achieve their work goals in the community.
• Manage an assigned caseload of participants.
• Complete all necessary paperwork, statistics and correspondence as required by agency and regulatory guidelines.
• Conduct assessments of individuals who express an interest in employment goals.
• Assist individuals in developing employment goals.
• Develop and implement intervention techniques for successful employment outcomes.
• Provide individual and group services based on service and skill level.
• Participate in staff trainings and development.
• Monitor and maintain participant chart and electronic health record.
• Maintain monthly communication with community-based agencies and consumer’s identified network and providers.
• Address ADL skills specific to employment.
• Assist individuals in locating jobs or placements.
• Provide support and assistance in the job application process.
• Provide job placement and systematic job development.
• Provide job coaching and negotiation with prospective employers and placements.
• Refer individuals to the Financial Specialist for Benefit Counseling.
• Complete NYESS clearance and data entry.
• Assist individuals to establish positive workplace relationships, including interactions with supervisors and co-workers.
• Demonstrate and conduct work off-site and in the community with participants and employers at least 50% of the time.
• Assist individuals to identify reasonable accommodations necessary to manage symptoms that may emerge at work or at volunteer placement.
• Be able to sit or stand as needed, with or without reasonable accommodation.
• Be able to travel independently by public transportation.
• May require walking, primarily on a level surface, for short periods throughout the day, with or without reasonable accommodation.
• Be able to reach above shoulder heights, below the waist or lift as required to file documents or store materials throughout the workday, with or without reasonable accommodation.
• Driver’s license preferred.
• During a declared disaster, assume and adhere to assigned Job Action role(s) consistent with Disaster Preparedness Plan.
• Perform other related duties as required.
Employment Service Coordinator I: High School Diploma
Employment Service Coordinator II: Bachelor’s degree or Associate’s degree with one (1) years’ experience in a mental health setting or High School Diploma with two (2) years’ experience in a mental health setting.
Employment Service Coordinator III: Master’s Degree in related field or CASAC
Employment Service Coordinator IV: Licensure as a professional staff
Employment Service Coordinator V: Licensed Clinical Social Worker
|Component||Employment Service Coordinator|