Educational Admissions Assistant – Part-Time
Transitional Services for New York, Inc., not-for profit, is a comprehensive, community-based mental health organization located in New York City. We provide a continuum of rehabilitative services to enrich the lives of those recovering from mental illness and facilitate their transition to increased levels of independence. Transitional Services for New York, Inc. envisions broadening its rehabilitative services and becoming a regional social service provider. Transitional Services for New York Staff will deliver effective programs with compassion, integrity, and professionalism. We expect all staff to put our clients’ needs first while respecting ourselves and each other as we provide hope to those who participate in our programs.
Educational Admissions Assistant – $20.50 Per Hour, Part- Time
Assist the Admissions Worker in implementing enrollment and orientation activities. Assist students in gaining comfort in the use of community resources. Assist Service Coordinators with structuring appointments for off-site visits. Provide counseling supports as needed.
- Assist students in identifying meaningful academic goals.
- Assist with student outreach and the planning and confirmation of field appointments.
- Accompany students in visiting community-based programs.
- Assist students with acquiring library cards and in gaining familiarity with off-site educational facilities.
- Assist students with becoming aware of and becoming linked with community-based computer education programs.
- Coordinate statistical reporting activities.
- Provide orientation information and assistance during the enrollment process.
- Assist with the production of periodic reports, clerical assignments and follow-up with requested administrative tasks related to record maintenance.
- Provide support for students enrolled in community-based literacy, adult basic education and GED preparation programs.
- Participate in program planning and the operation of program.
- Meet with students as requested to provide assistance related to educational goals as per program requirements.
- Provide travel training assistance.
- Provide information on available accommodations.
- Be able to sit or stand as needed, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- May require walking, primarily on a level surface, for short periods throughout the day, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Be able to reach above shoulder heights, below the waist or lift as required to file documents or store materials throughout the workday, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- During a declared disaster, assume and adhere to assigned Job Action role(s) consistent with Disaster Preparedness Plan.
- Perform other related duties as required.
High school diploma. College experience preferred. Counseling experience in academic settings a plus. Driver’s license a plus.
|Component||Educational Admissions Assistant|