Transitional Services for New York, Inc., not-for profit, is a comprehensive, community-based mental health organization located in New York City. We provide a continuum of rehabilitative services to enrich the lives of those recovering from mental illness and facilitate their transition to increased levels of independence. Transitional Services for New York, Inc. envisions broadening its rehabilitative services and becoming a regional social service provider. Transitional Services for New York Staff will deliver effective programs with compassion, integrity, and professionalism. We expect all staff to put our clients’ needs first while respecting ourselves and each other as we provide hope to those who participate in our programs.
Salary : $22 Per Hour , 4pm-12am shift.
TSINY, a non-profit Mental Health Services Agency seeks Counselors for its Residential Program, located in Queens, NY.
Valid Driver License Required
Provide direct care services to assigned caseload. Work hands on with residents on learning daily living skills, such as personal hygiene, laundry, budgeting and room maintenance. Accompany residents on medical and benefits appointments and off-site recreational activities. Meet with caseload individually for weekly sessions. Conduct clothing inventory and shop for seasonal clothing.
- Converse with shift going off duty for any pertinent information, i.e., appointments, overall residents’ behaviors, changes in medication, etc.
- Supervise morning, afternoon and evening medication. Initial medication book immediately after each individual medication is given to a resident.
- Alert day programs of resident’s absence and lateness if resident has an appointment.
- Complete change of shift checklist form to include:
a. medication counts of controlled substance
b. receipt of correct number of residents in the residence
c. count correct number of charts in the file
d. location of Agency vehicle
e. correct number of house keys
f. receipt of valuables in the house, i.e., TV, VCR, copy machine, etc.
- Check staff revised schedules.
- Check personal mailbox.
- Assist residents with meal preparation when needed.
- Report any pertinent information regarding residents and facility to shift supervisor throughout your shift.
- Document in Communication Log any pertinent information regarding residents.
- Meet with assigned caseload as scheduled.
- Document all sessions on progress notes.
- Maintain residents’ charts in accordance with Agency and OMH requirements and standards.
- Meet with supervisor as scheduled.
- Meet with all caseload residents to discuss all outstanding and ongoing issues.
- Ensure all caseload residents have sufficient medication.
- Escort residents to appointments if assigned (check appointment book or calendar).
- Escort residents shopping for personal needs.
- Write Medicaid Progress Notes reflecting restorative services.
- Begin status change form immediately upon hospitalization or other change of status and forward to Program Director, IDF Unit.
- Visit hospitalized residents weekly.
- Participate and supervise residents during fire drills.
- Participate in Community Meetings.
- Participate in staff meetings.
- Complete quarterly ADL assessment for all caseload residents.
- Participate in quarterly service plan review assessment and development.
- Thoroughly inspect assigned residents’ rooms for safety measures and report any damages or problems to shift supervisor.
- Escort residents to Social Security office.
- Escort residents shopping for new clothing (fall/winter and spring/summer).
- Functional assessment completed.
- CPR/First Aid training
- Check to see that all of assigned residents have had their annual physical and dental check-ups.
- Submit receipts for petty cash spent.
- Inform residents of appointments.
- Conduct and document room checks as needed.
- Attend special on-site and off-site training, seminars, conferences, etc.
- Check revised schedules for possible changes in hours/shifts and for holiday coverage.
- Assist residents in completing Home Leave forms.
- Make sure residents are dressed appropriately before leaving the facility.
- Supervise kitchen activities (cooking, serving, clean-up) to ensure safety, health and cleanliness, as needed.
- Assume Med/Shift Supervisor responsibilities as scheduled/needed.
- Be able to sit or stand as needed, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- May require walking, primarily on a level surface, for short periods throughout the day, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Be able to reach above shoulder heights, below the waist or lift as required to file documents or store materials throughout the workday, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Driver’s license required.
- During a declared disaster, assume and adhere to assigned Job Action role(s) consistent with Disaster Preparedness Plan.
- Perform other related duties as required.
High School diploma.
TSINY is an Equal Opportunity Employer
|Bi Weekly Hours||70hrs|