Cash Clerk (Entry Level)
Transitional Services for New York, Inc.,(TSINY) not-for profit, is a comprehensive, community-based mental health organization located in New York City. We provide a continuum of rehabilitative services to enrich the lives of those recovering from mental illness and facilitate their transition to increased levels of independence. Transitional Services for New York, Inc. envisions broadening its rehabilitative services and becoming a regional social service provider. Transitional Services for New York Staff will deliver effective programs with compassion, integrity, and professionalism. We expect all staff to put our clients’ needs first while respecting ourselves and each other as we provide hope to those who participate in our programs.
TSINY is seeking a Cash Clerk for Its Fiscal and Accounting Department. This position reports directly to the Director of Cash Management.
Annual Salary $42,500
The Cash Clerk provides clerical support for the work of the Director of Cash Management and the Controller.
Essential Functions – Assist the Director of Cash Management by performing the following in an accurate and timely fashion:
• Recording cash receipts from billing and other sources
• Recording all cash transfers
• Perform basic bank reconciliation tasks
• Reconcile and record all debit and credit card transactions
• Reconcile and record all petty cash transactions.
• Review and record food card transactions.
• Assist the Controller and CFO as needed.
• Investigate general ledger transaction questions.
• Perform other related duties as required.
Associate’s degree in accounting or business or other related discipline. Facility with Excel, Word and accounting software, preferably XLedger. Knowledge of and experience in not-for-profit operations and accounting. Be meticulous and organized, demonstrate the ability to work as part of a team and be discreet in dealing with financial and payroll matters.
|Bi Weekly Hours||70 Hrs|