Case Worker (APS) Adult Protective Services
Transitional Services for New York, Inc., not-for profit, is a comprehensive, community-based mental health organization located in New York City. We provide a continuum of rehabilitative services to enrich the lives of those recovering from mental illness and facilitate their transition to increased levels of independence. Transitional Services for New York, Inc. envisions broadening its rehabilitative services and becoming a regional social service provider. Transitional Services for New York Staff will deliver effective programs with compassion, integrity, and professionalism. We expect all staff to put our clients’ needs first while respecting ourselves and each other as we provide hope to those who participate in our programs.
TSINY, a non-profit mental health services agency is seeking Case Workers for its Adult Protective Services program.
Case Workers – Adult Protective Services / Annual Salary $46,818
Responsible for determining eligibility and providing protective services to APS eligible adults. Responsible for assessing eligibility, developing protective service plans, coordinating service plan implementation and coordinating services for each case assigned to them. Develop partnerships with eligible adults to establish goals, find appropriate supports and live safely in the community.
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Begin eligibility investigations upon receipt of referrals.
- Develop person-centered service plans for eligible adults to build a community-based support network, including community resources such as home health care, mental health treatment, primary medical care, employment and day programs.
- Maintain contact with all related treatment providers to insure integrated care.
- Conduct monthly client visits.
- Facilitate skill development.
- Monitor the implementation of service plans, evaluate progress and revise service plans.
- Visit institutionalized clients when needed.
- Providing crisis management when required.
- Provide off-hour coverage on a rotating basis.
Bachelor’s level degree in gerontology, social work, psychology, sociology or a related social service area.
Three years’ experience working with the elderly, individuals with mental illness or resistant clients.
The ideal candidate will:
- be detail oriented.
- be able to work independently and take initiative.
- have the ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
- possess effective oral and written communication skills.
- have the ability to interact effectively with all levels of employee, as well as external contacts.
- be able to handle confidential and sensitive information.
- be proficient with basic office equipment such as telephones, copiers, fax machines, printers, PCs.
- be able to work effectively using program management and other tools on a personal computer for long periods of time.
- possess ability to read and interpret documents, such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- be able to write routine reports and correspondence.
- be able to define problems, collect data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions and evaluate alternative courses of action.
- be able to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, and clients.
- be able to sit or stand as needed, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- may require walking, primarily on a level surface, for short periods throughout the day, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- be able to reach above shoulder heights, below the waist or lift as required to file documents or store materials throughout the workday, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- During a declared disaster, assume and adhere to assigned Job Action role(s) consistent with Disaster Preparedness Plan.
- perform other related duties as required.
TSINY is an Equal Opportunity Employer
|Job Category||Case Worker|