Case Manager – Part-Time
Transitional Services for New York, Inc., (TSINY) not-for profit, is a comprehensive, community-based mental health organization located in New York City. We provide a continuum of rehabilitative services to enrich the lives of those recovering from mental illness and facilitate their transition to increased levels of independence. Transitional Services for New York, Inc. envisions broadening its rehabilitative services and becoming a regional social service provider. Transitional Services for New York Staff will deliver effective programs with compassion, integrity, and professionalism. We expect all staff to put our clients’ needs first while respecting ourselves and each other as we provide hope to those who participate in our programs.
TSINY is looking for Case Managers for one of our mental health residential programs located in Queens, NY.
Annual Salary: $26, Part-Time
Valid Driver License Required
The Case Manager coordinates and monitors the assessment, treatment planning and care coordination for each resident on their caseload. The Case Manager serves as an advocate and intermediary for and on behalf of residents’ rights. Case Management staff will work in partnership with our residents to establish goals, find appropriate supports and access independent community housing.
- Assist residents in developing the skills, direction and motivation necessary to graduate to more independent housing settings.
- Assist residents to develop life skills in the direction of maximum autonomy.
- Assist residents to link up with community resources, such as employment, day programs, vocational rehabilitation services and health care services.
- Insure that residents receive periodic medical and dental attention.
- Maintain contact with: (1) TSINY Financial Specialist and follow up on related benefit matters, (2) all related treatment providers to insure integrated care between the residential program and other services.
- Meet on a regular basis with interdisciplinary team for assessment and information on resident.
- Facilitate skill development classes.
- Develop person-centered Service Plans.
- Work with counselors to monitor the implementation of Service Plan goals and evaluate progress.
- Visit hospitalized clients.
- Monitor medication.
- Provide crisis management when required.
- Must have a valid NYS DL
Bachelor’s degree or Associate’s degree plus one years’ experience or High School diploma plus two years’ experience in mental health setting.
Must have a Valid NYS Drivers License
|Job Category||Case Manager|