Transitional Services for New York, Inc., not-for profit, is a comprehensive, community-based mental health organization located in New York City. We provide a continuum of rehabilitative services to enrich the lives of those recovering from mental illness and facilitate their transition to increased levels of independence. Transitional Services for New York, Inc. envisions broadening its rehabilitative services and becoming a regional social service provider. Transitional Services for New York Staff will deliver effective programs with compassion, integrity, and professionalism. We expect all staff to put our clients’ needs first while respecting ourselves and each other as we provide hope to those who participate in our programs.
We are currently looking for a Accounts Payable Clerk to join our Whitestone Queens, NY., location.
Schedule: Monday- Friday
Responsible for the processing and maintenance of accounts payable records.
- Process check requests in a timely and orderly manner in accordance with Agency policy.
- Ensure that all items paid are properly supported and approved prior to payment in accordance with Agency policy.
- Maintain sufficient documentation of items paid in an orderly manner and coordinate the aging and retirement of documentation in accordance with Agency policy.
- Provide documentation copies as needed.
- Assist the Accounting Manager and other Agency staff with investigations into fiscal matters and analysis of Agency transactions.
- In consultation with the Accounting Manager, maintain the Agency’s vendor listing in good order.
- Maintain listings of routinely paid vendors, raising questions with Program Directors when payments may be missing.
- Ensure that backups and other routine maintenance functions are performed on the Agency’s financial computer programs
- Support the other fiscal staff as deemed necessary by the Accounting Manager and the Chief Financial Officer.
- Be able to sit or stand as needed, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- May require walking, primarily on a level surface, for short periods throughout the day, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Be able to reach above shoulder heights, below the waist or lift as required to file documents or store materials throughout the workday, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- During a declared disaster, assume and adhere to assigned Job Action role(s) consistent with Disaster Preparedness Plan.
- Perform other related duties as required.
High School diploma plus, one year’s bookkeeping experience.
|Component||Accounts Payable Clerk|