Transitional Services for New York, Inc., not-for profit, is a comprehensive, community-based mental health organization located in New York City. We provide a continuum of rehabilitative services to enrich the lives of those recovering from mental illness and facilitate their transition to increased levels of independence. Transitional Services for New York, Inc. envisions broadening its rehabilitative services and becoming a regional social service provider. Transitional Services for New York Staff will deliver effective programs with compassion, integrity, and professionalism. We expect all staff to put our clients’ needs first while respecting ourselves and each other as we provide hope to those who participate in our programs.
We are currently looking for an Accountant of Real Estate Operations to join our program located in Whitestone, NY.
Monday – Friday
Non-Exempt / OT Eligible Position
Health, Dental, Vision, Pension, Paid PTO and Vacation time
Responsible for the timely and accurate completion of Agency and Agency affiliated real estate activity, including revenue, expenses, cash collection, reserve requirements and financial statement preparation of real estate entities.
- Real Estate & Agency Level Transaction Recording, Reporting, Monitoring and Budgeting
- Monthly recording of journal entries into the general ledger for real estate entity activities (e.g., revenues, expenses, replacement reserve requirements).
- Monitor cash collection and review reconciliation of real estate entity bank activity to the general ledger.
- Cost monitoring of real estate entity activities.
- Specialized HUD (US Department of Housing and Urban Development) reporting, annual financial statements, annual contract renewal and annual budgets, including requests for rent increases and use of/increase to replacement reserves.
- Specialized asset manager annual and quarterly financial reporting and budgeting for real estate entities.
- Prepare financial statements, including supporting documentation and schedules for fiscal and calendar year-end audits, construction contracts and cost certifications.
- Prepare Agency level fiscal year budget information for residential programs, facilities and real estate entities.
- Perform level of service testing, provide statistical data and supporting schedules as requested for the annual NYS consolidated fiscal report (CFR).
- Assist the Divisional Director, Real Estate Operations as requested.
- Be able to sit or stand as needed, with or without reasonable accommodation
- Be able to walk, primarily on a level surface, for short periods throughout the day, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Be able to reach above shoulder height, below the waist or lift as required to file documents or store materials throughout the workday, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- During a declared disaster, assume and adhere to assigned Job Action role(s) consistent with Disaster Preparedness Plan.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field of study and experience in accounting-related function (not-for-profit or real estate preferred).
- Demonstrated analytical skills utilizing budgetary, operational, financial and related information.
- High proficiency in Excel, Word and accounting software programs.
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to work with peers and supervisors collaboratively in a collegial work environment.
- Must be organized and able to multi-task with an attention to detail.
- Ability to work with peers and supervisors in a collegial environment.
|Program||Real Estate Operations|