Transitional Services for New York, Inc., not-for profit, is a comprehensive, community-based mental health organization located in New York City. We provide a continuum of rehabilitative services to enrich the lives of those recovering from mental illness and facilitate their transition to increased levels of independence. Transitional Services for New York, Inc. envisions broadening its rehabilitative services and becoming a regional social service provider. Transitional Services for New York Staff will deliver effective programs with compassion, integrity, and professionalism. We expect all staff to put our clients’ needs first while respecting ourselves and each other as we provide hope to those who participate in our programs.
Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner – $110/hr., Part-Time
TSINY is seeking a Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner to join our Rehabilitation and Recovery services division. The ideal candidate should be comfortable providing both telehealth and in-person psychiatric, psychotropic medication treatment, and diagnostic services to individuals with a history of severe and persistent mental illness. This position will be embedded in our Clinic and PROS program located in Jamaica, NY.
Provide psychiatric, psychotropic treatment, diagnostic and psychotherapeutic services to individuals with a history of severe and persistent mental illness and individuals with co-occurring disorders, assisting them in dealing with their mental illness and other areas, such as, but not limited to, substance abuse, mental and physical illness, poverty and unemployment.
- Meet monthly with consumers for pharmacologic management.
- Review and prescribe medication and treatment for consumers.
- Evaluate consumers for possible side effects of medication.
- Provide diagnostic assessment services.
- Review and screen referrals as needed.
- Complete mental health examinations and psychiatric assessments and make treatment recommendations.
- Conduct evaluation on consumers in crisis.
- Provide psychotherapy and psycho education to consumers and collaterals when needed.
- Participate in medical meetings with medical and nursing staff.
- Participate in staff training and program development.
- Review results of physical examinations for necessary follow-up.
- Make referral for blood levels and medical examinations.
- Read and interpret blood level results.
- Administer injectable psychotropic medication as needed.
- Perform phlebotomy skills as needed.
- Carry out other nursing-related functions when required.
- Provide staff training as needed.
- Be able to sit or stand as needed, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- May require walking, primarily on a level service. for short periods throughout the day, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Be able to reach above shoulder heights, below the waist or lift as required to file documents or store materials throughout the workday, with or without reasonable accommodations.
- During a declared disaster, assume and adhere to assigned Job Action role(s) consistent with Disaster Preparedness Plan.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Licensed psychiatric nurse practitioner/psychiatric mental health nurse practitioner with at least one-year experience delivering services to the psychiatrically disabled population.