Transitional Services for New York, Inc., not-for profit, is a comprehensive, community-based mental health organization located in New York City. We provide a continuum of rehabilitative services to enrich the lives of those recovering from mental illness and facilitate their transition to increased levels of independence. Transitional Services for New York, Inc. envisions broadening its rehabilitative services and becoming a regional social service provider. Transitional Services for New York Staff will deliver effective programs with compassion, integrity, and professionalism. We expect all staff to put our clients’ needs first while respecting ourselves and each other as we provide hope to those who participate in our programs.
TSINY is looking for Maintenance Workers for Residential and Out-Patient Positions
Maintenance Staff : $20.90 Per Hour
Valid Driver License
Responsible for performing highly diversified duties to installs, troubleshoot, repair and maintain facilities and equipment according to safety, predictive and productive maintenance systems and processer to support the achievement of the sites’ goals and objectives.
- Meet with supervisor to plan daily schedule.
- Clean all bathrooms.
- Sweep/mop building floor.
- Empty all garbage cans, take garbage out to dumpster.
- Put out extra cleaning materials on Friday in preparation for the weekend.
- Pick up staff payroll (bi-weekly).
- Make appointment with supervisor for employee evaluation.
- Drive residents and staff to do personal needs shopping.
- Drive residents and staff to appointments.
- Pick up medication at pharmacy.
- Order and pick up residence supplies.
- Drive residents and staff to recreational activities.
- Check residence boilers, hot water and heating systems.
- Prepare room for new residents.
- Change lighting.
- Minor repairs on sinks, showers, toilets, light fixtures, windows, doors and any aspect of building physical plant not requiring outside contractor
- Keep up maintenance on residence vehicles.
- Shovel snow.
- Minor plastering and painting.
- Assist, as needed, any other residential component with maintenance and driving needs.
- Be able to sit or stand as needed, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- May require walking, primarily on a level surface, for short periods throughout the day, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Be able to reach above shoulder heights, below the waist or lift as required to file documents or store materials throughout the workday, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Driver’s license required.
- Perform other related duties as required.
High School diploma and relevant experience preferred. Ability to lift a minimum of 50lbs and a current valid New York State Driver’s License and safe driving history.
TSINY is an Equal Opportunity Employer