Transitional Services for New York, Inc., not-for profit, is a comprehensive, community-based mental health organization located in New York City. We provide a continuum of rehabilitative services to enrich the lives of those recovering from mental illness and facilitate their transition to increased levels of independence. Transitional Services for New York, Inc. envisions broadening its rehabilitative services and becoming a regional social service provider. Transitional Services for New York Staff will deliver effective programs with compassion, integrity, and professionalism. We expect all staff to put our clients’ needs first while respecting ourselves and each other as we provide hope to those who participate in our programs.
TSINY is looking for Program Director for one of our mental health Outpatient programs located in Queens, NY.
Program Director – $80,000 annually
Medical, Dental and Vision and Retirement Benefit Plans
Applicants must have Clean Driving Record
Responsible for all aspects of the day-to-day operation of the PROS program, including supervision, documentation, reports, outreach, crisis services, assessment, referral and linkage.
- Manage the overall day-to-day operations of PROS.
- Direct supervision of the PROS leadership staff.
- Oversee program/curriculum development. Coordinate and monitor implementation.
- Recruit and train staff in the PROS model.
- Insure coordination of internal program units, participant care, services and scheduling.
- Develop internal standards for documentation.
- Ensure the monitoring of participant records for compliance.
- Develop and implement policies and procedures pertaining to PROS.
- Develop forms and procedures mandated by regulatory authorities, State and Agency requirements.
- Represent the program with regulatory authorities.
- Handle or arrange for the management of crisis situations.
- Represent program/Agency at internal and external meetings and conferences.
- Develop and maintain working relationships with other Agency components.
- Be able to sit or stand as needed, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- May require walking, primarily on a level surface, for short periods throughout the day, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Be able to reach above shoulder heights, below the waist or lift as required to file documents or store materials throughout the workday, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Driver’s license preferred.
- During a declared disaster, assume and adhere to assigned Job Action role(s) consistent with Disaster Preparedness Plan.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Master’s degree in a mental health-related field and licensed as a mental health professional plus three years’ clinical/rehabilitation and supervisory experience.