Transitional Services for New York, Inc., not-for profit, is a comprehensive, community-based mental health organization located in New York City. We provide a continuum of rehabilitative services to enrich the lives of those recovering from mental illness and facilitate their transition to increased levels of independence. Transitional Services for New York, Inc. envisions broadening its rehabilitative services and becoming a regional social service provider. Transitional Services for New York Staff will deliver effective programs with compassion, integrity, and professionalism. We expect all staff to put our clients’ needs first while respecting ourselves and each other as we provide hope to those who participate in our programs.
TSINY, a non-profit mental health services agency is seeking a Corporate Compliance Specialist for its Administrative offices in Whitestone, NY.
Corporate Compliance Specialist, Annual Salary $60,000
The Corporate Compliance Specialist will ensure the Agency is in compliance with all Federal, State, and City laws, regulations, and Agency policies. They will be responsible for conducting compliance and quality assurance audits.
- Essential Functions
- Member of Incident Review Committee
- Report incidents to Justice Center and New York State Office of Mental Health.
- Investigate allegations of client abuse and neglect.
- Audit insurance claims for compliance with requirements and regulations.
- Provide training for staff and directors.
- Audit all programs for adherence to operating regulations.
- 24/7 on call for serious incidents.
- Policy and Procedure development.
- Monitor Agency compliance program.
- Participate in ongoing development of compliance program.
- HIPPA Privacy Officer duties.
- Participate in the Staff Development Committee and Agency staff development efforts.
- Coordination of Staff Orientation.
- Monitor AWARD Helpdesk and Zendesk.
- Be able to sit or stand as needed, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- May require walking, primarily on a level surface, for short periods throughout the day, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Be able to reach above shoulder heights, below the waist or lift as required to file.
- Documents or store materials throughout the workday, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Driver’s license required.
- During a declared disaster, assume and adhere to assigned Job Action role(s) consistent with Disaster Preparedness Plan.
- Perform other related duties as required.
BA/BS degree and 3-5 years’ administrative, supervisory and clinical experience with psychiatric population. Evidence of progressively responsible positions is desirable.
Driver’s License is Required.